Preparing sugar free sweets for diabetics, dieters, and anyone else concerned about their sugar intake can be a fun and easy task if know proper ingredients and have a few good recipes. Who doesn’t love sweets, but unfortunately, they don’t love us back. Pure sugar has been proved a bad deal for the health on many levels, especially if the person is diabetic. But does that let us bid our beloved sweets and desserts say goodbye forever? Not at all.
Sugar-free Laddoos with Dates and Nuts
Who doesn’t love laddoos? They are even more lovable when they come as sugar-free sweets!
- ¼ cup nuts (A mix of almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts)
- 20 Dates
How to make:
- Roast the nuts in a pan for a few minutes (dry roasting, no oil and no ghee)
- Set them aside for cooling
- Now add the dates to the same pan and roast them. Do this till they turn soft
- Next, put them in a blender along with the nuts
- Once blended, take small portions of each and make balls
Tip: You can add chocolate chips, desiccated coconut to the laddoos as well.
The staple sweet dish of every home, kheer is prepared for almost everyone’s birthday. Here is how to make it without adding any sugar.
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 2 cups of milk
- 6 sachets of artificial sweetener
- ½ cup unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Handful of raisins
How to make
- Mix the unsweetened condensed milk and rice together
- Pour the mixture into a pan and heat for 10 minutes
- Once cooked, add the ghee and the sweetener
- Stir till the rice is a bit overcooked( this is because it adds a rich texture)
- Garnish with raisins and serve
Phirni is one of those dishes which can be easily made into sugar-free sweets.
- 450 ml of milk
- 100 gm rice (uncooked)
- 5-6 sachets of artificial sweetener
- 1 tin of unsweetened condensed milk
- Cashew nuts or Raisins
- Rose water
How to cook:
- Soak the rice in water for about half an hour
- Once done, drain the water and grind the rice
- Then add milk to this rice paste and heat them together. Cook for 7 minutes and stir constantly
- Add the sweeteners while cooking
- Once cooked, add the unsweetened condensed milk and remove from stove
- Add rose water
- Garnish with cashew nuts or raisins
- 4 cups of milk
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- Oil or ghee (for greasing)
- Artificial sweetener
- Lime Juice
- Nuts (Optional)
How to Make
- Boil the milk first, stirring continuously
- Add sweetener, lime juice and corn flour to the milk an hour later
- Stir the milk again continuously, till it starts to become thick
- Once the milk becomes thick as a dough, set it aside for cooling
- Now, apply some oil or ghee on your hand for greasing them
- Take small quantities from the milk dough and shape them into balls
- Garnish with nuts and serve
These are more of a dessert than sugar free sweets. They are ideal for snacking in between meals and are tasty too!
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup Oats
- 4 teaspoons of oil
- Artificial sweetener
- Salt to taste
- Ice Cold water
How to Make
- Take the oats and the salt and mix them together
- Slowly add the oil into the mixture
- Add the sweetener
- Finally add some ice cold water, till the mixture starts to thicken and forms dough
- Shape the dough into cookies
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes
- Put the cookies in a baking pan and place them in the oven
- Cook for 10 minutes or till the cookies turn light brown in colour
Frozen Fruit Ice Cream
Process in the food processor until it becomes nice and creamy, just like ice cream. No one will know it’s only made with fruit!
- 1-2 Bananas
- Frozen Ferries of your choice
How to Make
- Cut a banana or two into chunks and freeze it for at least 12 hours.
- Add the frozen banana chunks to a food processor along with a few frozen berries of your choice – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.
- The more berries you add, the more it will be like sorbet.
- Using fewer berries and more banana will make it more creamy.
- Process in the food processor until it becomes nice and creamy, just like ice cream. No one will know it’s only made with fruit.
Sugar-free sweets are easily available online in case you don’t want to make them. Following are a few of them:
- Sugar-Free Gulab Jamun
- Sugar-Free Pista Roll
- Sugar-free Chocolate roll
All of them are available at Order Your Choice.
- Sugarless Motichur Laddoos
- Sugarless Jangiris
- Sugarless Laddoos
- Sugarless Badusha
All of the above are available at Dezire Good Life.
Following are few more sugar-free sweets for diabetics.
- Sugarless Wheat Halwa
- Sugarless Kalakand
- Sugarless Badam Halwa
- Sugarless Kaju Kathiili
- Sugarless Badam Katli
All of them can be bought from Diabetes Indian Store.