Have you ever looked for a single elixir or medicine for almost every ailment? No, I’m not talking about the common aspirin or whatever painkiller you pop for everything. Kadha, the natural and positively effective herbal drink is the topic of discussion here. This Ayurvedic drink cures numerous ailments instantly and has proven to result in you getting healthier and stronger in impeccable time. This article covers everything from Kadha’s recipe to its benefits.
Kadha, in the making: Recipe
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- 50 g of fresh Ginger
- 30 g of fresh Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Mace Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Clove
- 4 Cardamom pieces
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- Some fennel seeds
- 4 Tulsi leaves (Indian Basilikum)
- 4 cups of Water
- A pinch of Black pepper
- A few dry leaves of saffron
- Few drops of honey
- ¼ Teaspoon ghee
- Sugar to your liking
- Wash the ginger and turmeric roots till they are void of any foreign particles. And then with the back of a knife, peel the skin off.
- If you have a mortar and pistil, grind together some tulsi leaves with the ginger, turmeric and cardamom. If you don’t have a mortar, a blender will do just as fine.
- After made a paste, mix in the mace powder, cinnamon powder, Black pepper, bay leaves, Fennel seeds and clove along with this paste into a pot of boiling water.
- Mix it well and then let it boil for about five minutes.
- Voila! Your Kadha is ready. Serve it in tea cups along with honey or sugar.
Benefits of Kadha
- Cures cold and cough instantly: If you are suffering from a sore throat, a hot cup of Kadha is ideal for you. Follow the instructions mentioned above with no change whatsoever.
- For better digestion: Kadha is a miracle worker when it comes to curing indigestion. All you have to do is make the concoction in the specified order and add a teaspoon of honey before drinking.
- Immunity boost: Are you falling sick too often? Is your body’s immunity too weak that you can’t even stand a common cold? Take a step toward building a stronger body every day with a cup of this herbal tea. In the recipe mentioned above, substitute black pepper with white pepper and prepare to perfection.
- Fighting fever: Kadha is immensely effective, even more so when it comes to curing fever. Prepare the tea and add a pinch of black salt at the end. Drink this thrice a day till the fever lasts and before you know it, you’ll be back on your feet!
- Diabetes control: Right when you thought there’s possibly nothing more it could do! Yes, drinking this natural medicine will keep diabetes at bay as well. To control your blood sugar, prepare this brew with a spoon of fenugreek and drink daily.
Ginger is known to arrest nausea, constipation and pain. It is known to have astringent effects and helps detoxify the liver. It induces digestion, circulation of blood flow and sweating and also kick-starts the body’s metabolism and flushes fat away with toxins.
Turmeric is a powerful ingredient packed with all the goodness the human body needs. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
Also called nutmeg, this aromatic spice is used mainly for flavoring but also is highly beneficial. It boosts the immune system, strengthens cognitive function, detoxifies the body and helps reduce insomnia.
Cinnamon just happens to be one of the most delicious spices in the world. It also happens to help prevent a lot of heart diseases, reduces blood pressure levels and improves blood circulation too.
Cloves, yet another spice has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which not only keep diseases at bay but also improve digestion and metabolism.
Cardamom tastes good in any tea, even more so in Kadha. It tends to alleviate constipation, heartburns, acidity and gas. It also flushes out toxins from the body thereby aiding in digestion.
Bay leaves break down many complex enzymes in the body including glucose, fructose and lactose.
Fennel is also responsible for curing indigestion. It reduces acidity and related stomach ache. The major portion of fiber contained in fennel helps lover cholesterol levels in the blood as well.
Tulsi or basil leaves are widely known to be medicinal herbs. Basil helps clear congestion in the nasal tract during cough and cold. It also relieves heart problems, kidney ailments and promotes healthy skin.
Black pepper creates a cooling sensation in the stomach. It also helps in the formation of bile and indirectly in digestion facilitation.
It prevents cancer and heart disease, reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders, increases athletic performance and also soothes throat problems.
If you are interested in reading about Ayurvedic Herb, check about super beneficial Kalonji Oil here.