Have you ever observed that you tend to catch headache, body pains and other diseases due to shortage of water? Ever felt pain in the knees? During the summer season, it becomes difficult to step out of the house due to the burning sun, but in case you go out you feel tired and need something refreshing to revitalize the body. What is the main reason behind tiring body and lack of energy?
Our Mother Earth consists of 70% of water; similarly our body is having 75% of water. Water is the main element for the proper functioning and growth of a human body. During summers, the body is shedding a lot of energy and nutrients in the form of sweat making the body dehydrated and restless. Doctors recommend drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day for smooth functioning and keeping the body hydrated. But, sometimes even after drinking enough water, the body remains dehydrated. You may not feel thirsty but still you will lack energy, feel demotivated and inactive throughout the day, well, these are some signs of dehydration.
Dehydration is a condition that occurs when there is lack of fluids in the body. It is a situation when the body is not getting required amount of water and often leads to diseases like infections, stomach problem, acne and pimples. The major symptom of dehydration is when you feel extremely thirsty and low on energy. But, there are some other symptoms of dehydration, which act as an alarm to increase the intake of water.
Here are some of the Dehydration Symptoms even when you aren’t thirsty, look out for each symptom and throw the problem out of your system:
- Blood Pressure: When the amount of drinking water decreases, the blood pressure is the first thing that gets affected. Consistent decrease in water level leads to decrease in blood volume and low blood pressure. In case, you find dark circles, redness in the eyes and restlessness, then it is the right time to start drinking water.
- Lack of Concentration: Our brain is having 65% of water. When the water level in the body decreases, the brain gets affected and tends to lose its memory retention power. Chronic dehydration slacken the blood flow and does not allow the oxygen to reach the brain. Due to lack of water content, oxygen and other nutrients fail to reach the brain which leads to impaired memory, difficult to concentrate and damage to the brain.
- Chapped Lips: Lips have a direct connection with water. Experts say more you drink water, shinier, pink and beautiful your lips become. Whenever a person feel dehydrated, lips tend to get dry and start cracking and paining. When your body is short on water, it starts dehydrating with unimportant areas like the lips and then move towards the brain and heart.
- Dizziness: Lack of water in the body is the main reason behind dizziness, headaches and fainting. During summers, the body is in contact with heat, sunlight and hot weather which lead to dehydration. Apart from feeling thirsty, the body start feeling dizziness, low blood pressure and headaches which are clear signs to take a glass of water.
- Mood Swings: Normally people say that whenever there are mood swings drink a glass of water to feel better. What is the reason behind this logic? Well, whenever the water level in the body decreases, irritation and mood swings increases. So, next time if you are feeling angry or sad without any reason, take a chilled glass of water and come back to a happy mood.
- Ulcers, Acidity and Constipation: Dehydration attacks non-essential parts of the body first and then target important parts of the body. It is like giving an early sign to control dehydration. Whenever the body having dehydration, the stomach suffers, leading to ulcers in the mouth and constipated stomach. The digestive system is disturbed, small intestine swells and liver fails to detoxify the body.
It is the main reason behind ulcers and constipation. In case, your mouth is full of ulcers, start drinking three to four litres of water every day to bring the body back to normal.
- Cravings: Water is an element which balances the nutrients and distributes them to different parts of the body. While eating, all the nutrients reach different parts of the body through water, but in case of dehydration, water is unable to distribute nutrients to all the parts. Due to lack of nutrients in the body, people tend to find craving for sweet or salty things to please the hunger which in turn worsens the situation. So, whenever you feel craving for something sweet or spicy, take a sip and get over with it.
- Premature Aging: Water is a miracle drink for healthy and glowing skin. Drinking 3 litres of water everyday keeps your skin fresh and glowing. On the other hand, if the body is prone to dehydration, the skin loses its texture, smoothness and shine. It accelerates wrinkles, acne, pimples, saggy skin and open pores. Keep a check on the water content to keep shining forever.
- Bad Breath and Body Odour: Last but not the least; whenever the body is lacking water it releases a bad odour from the body. Harmful enzymes present in the body and mouth acts in favour of bad breath and body odour. To save yourself from embarrassment, make a habit of drinking 2 glasses of water early in the morning. Also, plan the day accordingly so that you drink 8-10 glasses during the day.
The human body is an intelligent piece of art designed by nature. It tells about the problem through signs and symptoms. Understand the symptoms of dehydration and get rid of them for a healthy, rich and disease-free life.