An important topic that is almost discussed in every nutritional discussion is: what is the importance of bitter foods and herbs. Bitterness on your tongue is itself a nutrient in the sense. Bitterness involves a chemical reaction throughout the body and has many unique heath benefits. Whenever you cook the bitter herbs and food we often destroy the majority of nutritional health benefits of that particular bitter food. These bitter gourd juice for weight loss and of other bitter herbs are a must read for health conscious person.
Many health experts and nutritionist believe that till today many industrialized humans are deficient in bitter substances. This deficiency often leads to many digestive issues, immune challenges, diabetes, inflammatory conditions etc. According to the recent study, it has been observed that only 5 to 8% of the calories we eat today are bitter. Everyone must try consuming bitter juices every morning before breakfast. Try consuming this power juice continuously for 3 days. If you are able to successfully consume this juice for 3 days then it will become a daily habit and you will enjoy consuming it.
Here is a list of five bitter juices that will help you with your health:
- Bitter Gourd: Bitter Gourd is also known as Karela. This is a popular vegetable of Asian Countries. Karela is said to detoxify the body and its juice has been proved to be an excellent power drink for the management of high blood sugar conditions and diabetes.
Some of the best Karela Juice benefits are as follows:
- Karela contains a chemical known as Charantin that influence the Glucose metabolism and hence reduces the high blood glucose levels in the body thus it is very beneficial for Diabetic persons.
- It has blood purifying properties thus Karela juice cures from many blood-related issues.
- As Karela is rich in fiber thus cure many stomach disorders and prevents constipation.
- It stimulates liver for the exertion of bile juices that wants to lose weight.
- Consuming bitter gourd juice early in the morning helps to boost the immune system and helps to fight against many infections.
- Leaves of Karela cures many ailments and prevents bacteria that cause Malaria.
- Bell Pepper: Bell pepper also known as Capsicum or Shimla Mirch are basically the peppers of low pungent varieties. This plump shaped vegetable is available throughout the year. It belongs to a nightshade family of plants like- chili pepper, potato, tomato etc. Although green bell pepper is somewhat bitter in taste but loaded with many nutrients, fibers, and carotenoids.
Some of the Bell pepper juice benefits:
- Best for eyes: Consuming bell pepper juice on daily basis supports healthy eyesight and night vision. Green bell pepper is a rich source of carotenoid and contains vitamin A Thus it lowers the risk of degeneration of the eyes and protects eyes from Cataract as well
- Burn fat: Bell peppers have mild thermogenic action and as a result increase the metabolism which in turn helps to reduce the weight.
- Helps fighting many diseases like Cancer: Bell peppers are rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Thus, it helps to fight with many different kinds of cancers.
- Boost up the immune system: Presence of vitamin C and Vitamin K in bell pepper builds up a strong immune system and support skin and many joints.
Nutritional Benefit of Bell Pepper: Bell pepper comes in many different colors and each color has its own nutritional benefits. Although Red, Yellow and orange color bell pepper is not so bitter but has many health benefits. Green and purple bell pepper are bitter in taste but are highly beneficial for the body.
- Yellow— Lutein, Zeaxanthin
- Orange— Alpha, beta and gamma carotene
- Red— Astaxanthin, Lycopene
- Purple— Anthocyanin
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant species that has spiny leaves and fleshy stems. Fleshy portion contains Aloe Vera juice that is considered as an excellent home remedy and serves many other purposes. Aloe Vera juice, as well as its gel, is used in many numerous cosmetics, medicinal and health treatments.
Top 5 Aloe Vera juice benefits follow:
- Aloe Vera juice anti-inflammatory properties thus, it is useful for curing bowel problems.
- Aloe Vera juice helps to reduce the inflammation and arthritis. Applying aloe Vera gel eases joint pains and muscle pains.
- Consuming Aloe Vera juice early in the morning reduces symptoms of heart reflux and maintains the cholesterol level and increase the level of good cholesterol.
- Aloe Vera juice reduces the weight naturally and improves oral health and hygiene. It also provides laxative relief for various mouth ulcers and cold sores.
- Fresh Aloe Vera juice detoxifies and cleans the skin. It is very useful for diabetic patients.
- Lettuce Juice: Lettuce is one of the common green leafy vegetables. It is basically used in many salads. It has large tender leaves that are usually green in color. In some places, you can also get red or purple lettuce depending on the different variety.
Nutritional Benefits of Lettuce:
Lettuce has generally low-calorie content and contains 95% of water. It contains essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, fiber and many antioxidants. Milky latex that is found mainly in leaf nodes and stems consist of some active principles that serve many medicinal properties.
Lettuce Juice Health Benefits:
- Relieves constipation: Lettuce contains high fiber content thus relaxes from constipation.
- Relieves cough: Lettuce contains anti-cough agents, which helps in relieving cough.
- Bone and Joint health: Lettuce helps in strengthen bone tissue. It contains high content of Vitamin K that is essential for the synthesis of bone protein.
- Anti-anemic: Lettuce contains a high amount of chlorophyll that is essential for purification of hemoglobin.
- Celery: Celery is an excellent source of Vitamin K. There are many celery juice benefits; Celery is a low-calorie food that is excellent for all those people who want to lose weight. Celery due to its high antioxidant properties makes it a food suitable for all ages.
Celery Juice Benefits:
- Reduces inflammation in your body
- Lower Blood pressure and improves cardiovascular health
- Its high antioxidant properties give potential as a cancer fighter.
- Works as an internal cleanser and detoxifier for your body.
- Enhances your skin and helps in quality sleep.