The age old adage about, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is no more a rhetorical statement. Apple diet is soon becoming a major boon to all those people who are looking for weight loss. Apples contain vitamin C, B, potassium, various antioxidants, fiber to name a few. Due to its high carbohydrate content and simple sugar which has low GI (glycemic index), this diet is the ideal way to accomplish weight loss. High fiber content and low GI working together slows down digestion, which in turn helps to curb hunger for a longer period of time. They are also low in calories which enhances fat burning to stimulate metabolism, and paving way for a healthy weight loss. If you are unable to fit into that pretty dress, don’t worry because apple diet will surely do the trick.
Here are some menu ideas of the 5-day apple diet regime. Even though it is an effective way to lose weight, it is advisable to club it with some moderate exercises.
Apple Diet Day 1:
- Breakfast– Consume whole apples, either 2 or 3. If you wish you can add some nuts to it. Lemon juice can also be sprinkled on top, but that is completely optional.
- Lunch– Prepare a simple salad with greens, and apples in the major proportion. You can garnish your salad with some herbs of your wish. You can also compliment your salad with a boiled egg on top, as per your style of presenting food.
- Dinner– It is strictly 2 or 3 medium or large sized whole apples.
Apple Diet Day 2:
- Breakfast– you can have a cup of boiled rice with 2 or 3 whole apples cut into bite size pieces. Just ensure rice is cooked without salt.
- Lunch- again cooked rice, but this time with cooked apples. You can cook apples in hot water and maybe add a bit of seasoning as per your taste preference but avoid salt while cooking both rice and apples. It is similar to making a porridge where rice and apples are cooked separately, and this mashed together. And again no salt.
- Dinner – the same as lunch, cooked unsalted rice.
Apple Diet Day 3:
- Breakfast– 2 whole apples, accompanied by one cup low-fat cheese. You can either opt for cottage cheese, feta cheese or mozzarella cheese as per your liking. You can either grate or crumble it on top of your apple pieces.
- Lunch– apples cut into pieces with some low-fat cheese, accompanied with some nuts and a few drizzle of honey or lemon water on the top.
- Dinner– a cup of low-fat cheese.
Apple Diet Day 4:
- Breakfast– carrots and apples mixed together.
- Lunch- a salad made of carrots and apples. You can also add some leafy vegetables, but it should not overwhelm the apples and carrots.
- Dinner- 2 or 3 medium sized apples cooked, preferably baked with some honey or lemon juice which is optional.
Apple Diet Day 5:
- Breakfast- boiled egg with carrots, beets and apples. The vegetables can either be consumed raw or steamed. The ideal way would be to steam them, so as to retain its nutritional value.
- Lunch- would be same as the breakfast.
- Dinner- boiled or steamed carrots with some honey drizzle as per your fill.
This apple diet is sure to make you look good and feel good. During any time of the course, if you feel hunger pangs, increase your intake of apples. Homemade apple juice can also be inculcated as a snack, just ensure you don’t add any sugary ingredients in it, and also ensure you drink sufficient water through the day. It is difficult to manage the entire day with only apples, and the first 2 or 3 days won’t be easy. Every human body is different, so follow this menu keeping your physical health, energy levels, and also mental well being into consideration before embarking on the apple diet path.
If you want to implement this diet, let our diet coach help you.