Enjoy the water of swimming pool in Delhi to get relief from the burning heat of summer. The whole country is under the scorching heat of the sun during summer, and Delhi is not far away from it. You will like to stay in water maximum time and rejuvenating your body cool and soothing water. Moreover, who want to shred off fat and keep their body fit, can practice swimming on a regular basis.
Swimming is the only option to get relief and Delhi has many swimming pools that are existing in different places. Here are the top 10 swimming pools in Delhi were you can spend a leisure evening. Many of it provides swimming classes as well.
Dr Shyama Prashad Mukherjee Swimming Pool Complex has the state of the art facilities. It has been built up to meet the international standards for aquatic events. This swimming pool in Delhi is owned by Sports Authority of India, thus, the best facilities are available here. All these swimming pools are having diving facilities in temperature control options and are serviceable round the year. Coaching classes are provided on request. However you should have a hold over the basic knowledge of swimming to be qualified for the coaching classes.
- Address: Central Ridge Forest Area, Talkatora Road, Near Talkatora Garden, Behind Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Contact: 011 23094832
- Membership fee: 1,500 Rupees for kids below 16 age and 2,500 for 16 and above
- Timings: 9 AM to 11 AM and 7 PM to 9 PM; Open all days (except Monday)
It is situated in the Asian Games Village Complex, Siri Fort, New Delhi. The pool has clean water, well maintained, Olympic sized. If you want to enjoy swimming in the Siri Fort swimming pool then you have to be a member of this place. You can get clean water for swimming. It’s also the hardest one to get enrolled into. A temporary membership of three months is required to gain access to all sports facilities.
- Address: DDA, 4th Floor, ‘B’ Block, Vikas Sadan, INA Market, New Delhi – 110023
- Price: Membership charges 1,600 for a month. Monthly swimming session costs 869 Rupees.
- Timings: 6.00 – 10.00 AM & 3.00 – 9.00 PM ( Closed from November to March )
- Contact: 011-26496657.
Located in the centre of the capital, RK Puram swimming pool is open for women, men and kids. It is in the heart of Delhi Public School, thus, when the school remains closed for vacation, then also you can avail the facility of swimming. It is one of the oldest swimming pools. You can get clean and hygienic water in the pool. If you require coaching it is also available for a group of ten or more. This swimming pool in Delhi costs Rs. 1,200 including coaching.
- Address: DPS School, K block, Sec 12 , R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110022
- Price: Membership charges 1,800/month for students. Monthly swimming session costs 500 INR.
- Timings: 5.30 – 06.50 AM & 4.05 – 7.20 PM ( For summer holidays )
- Contact: 011-49115500.
The first advantage in Lifestyle and Gym, swimming pool is that it has many lanes for swimming which are reserved for the swimmers. These lanes are divided by level. If you are a regular goer of this pool, you will be used to turning lane direction and will know how to overtake. It is so huge that you cannot even notice your fellow swimmers in your lane. In this scorching heat, you can avail the cosiness of the swimming pool in Delhi.
You will get flagged lines, floor marking lanes in this pool. There are lifeguards and the water is having pleasant temperature. This creates an ideal place for swimming for the rest of the year. The monthly fee is Rs 150 per month and for the non-members it is Rs. 300. The rates or fees of coaching are subject to change. It is for all means the women, men or kids can swim here.
Along with individual fees, Training group Fitso Seals also conducts its classes here with extremely trained professional coaches and an enthusiastic group of people having the goal to become a professional swimmer from an amateur swimmer.
- Address: 251 A, A block , Vasant Vihar, New Delhi – 110067.
- Price: Membership charges 5000 INR is the membership fee for one month. If you are part of a group then it’s 10000 INR for a month.
- Timings: 6.00 – 10.00 AM & 4.00 – 9.30 PM
- Contact: 011-33107502.
The coaching classes will be provided by the experts in the field, Fitso Seal. You can take in the first lessons of swimming from the champions of Fitso Seal.
This Gulmohar Park Club swimming pool is one the best swimming pool among 7 Best Swimming Pools in Delhi. It is small, but quiet and clean and especially shallow at one end. It often remains empty but it is put up in and after school hours when the school children come to swim. It is open in the early morning and in the evening.
The non-members pay Rs. 175 to swim. This swimming pool in Delhi is closed from November to March. It is open to all means the women, men and particularly the kids and school children are the normal swimmers in this pool. You can get a good coach, who takes personal care of every individual. The price is reasonable also.
- Address: Near Kamla Nehru College, Block C, Gulmohar Park, New Delhi – 110049.
- Price: There is monthly subscriptions for three month and six months. Three months costs 9500 INR and 6 months costs 13500 INR. Single month subscription is available in 4500 INR.
- Timings: 6:00 – 11:00 am and 3:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Contact: 011-26868139.
Khazan Sing Swimming Academy is counted as a reputed swimming pool in south Delhi. It is located near Jawaharlal Nehru University. You can get at least four coaches and a couple of lifeguards here. This swimming pool in delhi is well maintained. The men, women, and kids can enjoy swimming in this pool.
- Address: Kendriya Vidyalaya, J.N.U. Old Campus, Baba Ganganath Marg, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 110067.
- Price: The price for the first month is 1300, and Rs. 700 for the subsequent months.
- Timings: 5:00 – 08:00 am and 04:00 – 09:00 pm.
- Contact: 011 – 2674 2747.
This one is a spacious center with almost all sports equipment including a swimming pool. It must be the only center in Delhi with an Olympic size pool. It lets you splash around in top gear.
- Address: Vasundhara Enclave, Dallupura,, New Delhi – 110096
- Price: Membership fee starts at Rupees 50 for a member and 150 per hour for non member.
- Timings: 6:00 – 10:00 am and 03:00 – 09:00 pm.
- Contact: 011 – 2262 3184.
The swimming professionals from Fitso Seal would be giving away their valuable bit of advice to swimmers. They make use of all innovative technologies like underwater video analysis to bring out the best results.
8. Friends Swimming Academy
It is situated at the heart of Delhi. They offers a big and vast pool for water lovers. The pool is really hygienic and provides a perfect platform to master the skills of swimming. It’s closed on Thursdays every week.
- Address: Sriniwas Puri, New Friends Colony, New Delhi- 110065
- Price: The membership fee starts at 12,000 INR per month.
- Timings: 6:00 am – 11:30 pm.
- Contact: +919810390343.
The complex has a serene ambience to it. The pool is quite large and accommodate quite a handful of people at a time.
- Address: DDA, Jasola Vihar, Jasola, New Delhi – 110025.
- Price: The membership fee starts at 4,500 INR.
- Timings: 6:30 am – 8:30 pm.
- Contact: 011 – 2697 1301
It is situated near the LSR college in Lajpat Nagar. It has a big and huge eight lane pool.
- Address: National Park, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi – 110048.
- Price: The membership fee starts at Rupees 3,000 for a month. However extra coaching is available under a special fee of Rupees 1,500.
- Timings: 5:00 am – 10:00 pm.
- Contact: +91-92117 83333